COMMON MISTAKES PEOPLE MAKE DURING THE CHOICE OF A LIFE PARTNER
Everyday I counsel a lot of persons: married and singles. One thing I have observed some have in common is the wrong choice of a spouse, that is, the married ones, married the wrong persons while the singles already in a love relationship are involved with the wrong persons.
Honestly, counseling isn't always easy. Most times, the counselees only want to hear nice stuff. They don't want to hear that sweet-bitter pill called the TRUTH.
Today, I will say it loud and clear here. I am sorry you have to deal with it, probably live with it till you go to glory.
SOME MARRIAGES WERE NOT MEANT TO BE IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!
SOME RELATIONSHIP ARE NOT MEANT TO BE!!!
THAT'S THE BITTER TRUTH YOU DON'T WANT TO HEAR AT ALL.
A lot of people are in a wrong marriage while so many are in a wrong love relationship. While some knew what they were doing, others were simply victims of circumstances. While a love relationship can be remedied (because they're not marry yet), on the other hand, such marriages are irredeemable, insolvable and irreparable not because God can't fix it, but because you did what you were not supposed to during your search for a life partner. More so, remember that whatever God has joined together let no one put asunder. One just has to live with its consequences for life. Except in case of chronic cheating/ infidelity, marriage is for life. For those still single, you must prayerfully and patiently trust God for a life partner, and your choice and decision at the end of the day must "synchronise" with God's will as well as the voice of reasoning.
Now let's look at the signs that show you married the wrong person or are in wrong relationship already:
1. You're not of the same faith and this is posing a serious problem in your marriage.
2. You were married out of pity or sympathy maybe because as a lady you got pregnant for him. He never truly loved you and you knew it. Nonetheless he loved hanging around you because you could easily give him se*x whenever he wanted it.
3. You knew that the man was a chronic cheat with many se*xual escapades that you knew about and you still went ahead to marry him.
4. You knew they were not born again like yourself yet you married them out desperation.
5. You knew the man was married and had a family somewhere, yet you accepted his proposal to marry him.
6. You knew that man didn't have a vision and was going nowhere in life, yet you still went ahead to marry him.
7. You knew she was a commercial se*x worker yet, you still went ahead to marry her.
8. When you were dating, you kept having series of bad dreams or visions about them, yet you still went ahead to marry them.
9. You knew they were highly career freaks who placed little or no value on marriage and family life, yet you still went ahead to marry them.
10. You knew too well that man was occultist and a money ritualist yet you still went ahead to marry him.
11. You knew from the start that your boyfriend/fiancé was uneducated, unemployed, lazy, vision less, was still living under the same roof with his parents with no plans for a brighter future, yet you went ahead to marry him.
12. You knew she was a chronic liar, having lied to you over and again over many salient issues during courtship, yet you still went ahead to marry her.
13. He told you he was a university graduate, was working with a multinational, was living in his own rented apartment, but you found out that all that were lies. He was a school drop out, was factory worker with a very meagre monthly salary, was squatting with a friend, yet you still went ahead to marry him.
The list goes on and on.
You see, many people made very serious mistakes with their choice of a spouse. While divorce can't be initiated on such grounds, however, I want to advise all the singles not be afraid of marriage but to be more serious and careful with their relationship. The abovementioned mistakes must be avoided. Please don't jeopardize your destiny by making a wrong choice because a lifetime of marital unhappiness is too much of a time to bear. Many thanks for reading.