Osun State Governor, Gboyega Oyetola, on Saturday, said he remained the legal
chosen legislative head of the state paying little mind to Friday's judgment of the state Election Petitions Tribunal.
Oyetola urged people in general to disregard tidbits that he had been sacked, saying he was certain of holding his command at the investigative court.
He spoke in Osogbo while inspecting some ongoing road and drainage projects in the state capital.
The governor said the outcome of the lower court did not, in any way, affect the validity of the votes freely and willingly given to him by the people of the state.
He said since the constitution allowed him to file an appeal against the judgement, he remained the legitimate governor of the state.
Oyetola said, “I am confident that our mandate will be reaffirmed at the Court of Appeal and the Supreme Court. As you all know, it was a split judgement, telling us that it was not a unanimous decision. This is part of our strength at the appellate court.
“I must correct the impression that I have been removed from office. I remain the governor of Osun up until all the electoral litigation is finalised. My visit to this site is in furtherance of our commitment to ensuring a better life for all residents of the state and to demonstrate that governance brought about by our government continues.”
The governor, who had earlier received the leaders and members of the All Progressives Congress at the Government House, assured the supporters of the party that he would become victorious at the end of the litigation.
He called on the party loyalists to remain calm and expressed confidence in the judiciary to deliver justice.