The Presidency on Thursday repudiated a rundown of indicated individuals
from President Muhammadu Buhari's new ministers for his second four-year residency starting May 29, 2019.
The rundown demonstrates six ministers reappointed as well as holding their portfolios. They are Rotimi Amaechi (Transportation); Hadi Sirika (State, Aviation); Abdulrahman Danbazau (Interior); Ogonnaya Onu (Science and Technology); Abubakar Mallami (Justice); and Audu Ogbeh (Agriculture)
Chris Ngige, (Labour & Productivity) is also listed as being retained but with a new portfolio: Communications.
Heavyweight newcomers on the list include outgoing Lagos State Governor Akinwumi Ambode (purportedly penciled down for Budget & National Planning) and Senator Godswill Akpabio (Niger Delta Affairs).
Special Assistant to the President (Media & Publicity), Mr. Femi Adesina, however, dismissed the list when contacted by News Express. “Fake news”, he replied when asked to confirm the authenticity of the list.
Below is the list entitled ‘New Cabinet Members’:
1. Kayode Adesola (Ogun) – Labour & Employment
2. Rotimi Amaechi (Rivers) – Transportation
3. Chris Ngige (Anambra) – Communications
4. Hadi Sirika (Katsina) – State Aviation
5. Akinwumi Ambode (Lagos) – Budget & National Planning
6. Abdulrahman Danbazau (Kano) – Interior
7. Fatima I Gambo (Taraba) – Women Affairs
8. Ogbonnaya Onu (Ebonyi) – Science & Technology
9. Abubakar Mallami (Kebbi) – Justice
10. Ahmed Mohammad Kwarra (Nasarawa) – Industry, Trade & Investment
11. Barnabas Bala Bantex (Kaduna) – State Education
12. Audu Ogbeh (Benue) – Agriculture
13. Mohammed Binddo Jibirlla (Adamawa) – F C T
14. Halima Babayo (Yobe) – State Foreign Affairs
15. Adebayo Adelabu (Oyo) – Finance
16. Godswill Akpabio (Akwa-Ibom) – Niger Delta Affairs.