A staff of the Ibadan Electricity Distribution Company (IBEDC), Mr. Adewale
Adegoke, kicked the bucket after he was electrocuted Onireke in Ibadan North West neighborhood government zone of Oyo State.
Day by day Trust dependably assembled that the authorities of the IBEDC had, on Friday, struggled fruitlessly to follow the fault affecting power supply to zones like Dugbe business area, Onireke quarters, Adamasingba, Sabo and rural areas, which was defective on Friday evening.
On Saturday, an IBEDC official, who preferred anonymity said, “they left Mokola early in the morning to the Onireke axis where the fault was detected. Mr. Adewale Adegoke was working on the high tension cables which normally comprises three wires when he was suddenly trapped and electrocuted. Help didn’t come on time because reports said he was there for almost 30 minutes.
“He was an experienced officer and the job wasn’t an illegal type. It was duly communicated to the control room where they must have secured the power outage before effecting correction on the high tension,” he said.
The management thereafter, announced on social media platform the death of the officer and commiserated with his family.
The statement obtained by our correspondent read: “It is with great sadness and a heavy heart that we at IBEDC hereby confirm the unfortunate passing of our staff, Mr. Adewale Adegoke during the course of duty this morning as he was involved in an electricity related incident.
“He was confirmed dead at Teju hospital where he was rushed immediately after the incident at Onireke after all efforts to resuscitate him at the scene of the accident proved abortive.
“Our sincere condolence and prayers go to the family. We are currently investigating the course of this unfortunate incident,” the management stated.