Aynaijang News has acknowledged some
untold facts regarding what prompted the gathering between the Kano state Governor,Abdullahi Ganduje and Emir of Kano Muhammadu Sanusi II and which had in participation Africa's most richest man, Alhaji Aliko Dangote and Chairman of the Nigerian governor's forum, Dr Kayode Fayemi of Ekiti state.
Administration authorities particularly security authorities there are worried about the rising strain over the ill will between the state government since the installation of 4 extra emirates and the query to the Emir regarding alleged emirate funds. The tension led to the cancellation of some of the traditional durbar procession with fears of breakdown of law and order. At least one person was reported killed in the clash between some thugs and others in the durbar procession on eid-el – fitr day of Tuesday last week. Office of the Chief Of Staff to the President and that of the National Security Adviser helped to broker the meeting that held in Abuja late last week.
Daily Trust learnt from a credible source that the deposition of the Emir is no longer on the card as the governor is said to have made it clear that it is not his wish to do so. Our source also says the 2 sides agreed to commit to ensure that the overall interest of Kano will prevail in all they do going forward.
Both sides however failed to agree on the key demand of each other. The governor insists that the 4 new emirates of Bichi, Gaya, Karaye,and Rano and the law backing them have come to stay. Daily Trust also learnt that the Emir could not give his word about the key demand for the emirate to discontinue the legal challenge to the law setting up the new emirates. A source familiar with the matter says the splitting of the emirate is not something for just the current Emir to decide but something which the entire Kano royal family should have a say. A report quoting a Kano state government official was the first to tell of the Abuja meeting between the 2 sides.