-->

BREAKING NEWS! MTN Nigeria Shuts Down Stores Nationwide After Anti-South African Attacks

MTN Nigeria Shuts Down Stores Nationwide After Anti-South African Attacks


The Nigerian division of South African telecoms giant MTN says on
Wednesday it will shut down all stores and service centres indefinitely after its facilities in three cities were attacked.


Nigerians wreaked havoc on the facilities days after renewed xenophobic attacks in South Africa, where locals target foreign nationals for killing while destroying and looting their businesses.

Other South African businesses including Shoprite were also afflicted by the outrage with malls destroyed and looted.

“The safety and security of our customers, staff and partners is our primary concern,” MTN Nigeria said in a statement.

The company had also previously condemned the attack in a statement released Tursday, asserting “Everyone has the right to a world where their rights and freedoms are respected – the right to live and earn a living, freely, safely and protected by the law.”

The latest wave on attacks which started Sunday, September 1, have been roundly condemned in Nigeria and abroad.

The Nigerian government deployed an envoy to the former aparthied colony to assess the situation and what authorities are doing to secure the lives of its citizens.

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs, in a communique through its spokesperson, Ferdinand Nwonye, directed Nigerians to abort all trips to high risk and volatile areas of South Africa.


More Photos:



Related Posts

Post a Comment